The east window is of the late 13th century. It has three lights within a plain pointed arch, the mullions (the vertical bar dividing the lights) of which cross in the head, with an external hood-mould. Above this window are the arms of Knight, painted on a shield.
The south window to the east has two separate trefoiled lights in pointed heads; the cusps have sunk spandrels except over the mullion inside. There is a similar window in the north wall.
The south window to the west is probably of the 14th century and was formerly in the south wall of the nave before it was pulled down. It consists of three separate ogee-heade lights, the middle one being higher than the other two; each light is trefoiled in the head.
The wrought iron altar rails are dated 1735. These rails were discovered in the woodyard at Barrells Hall by Mr A C Coldicott and re-laid in their original position in 1919 by Mr H G Newton.
The 15th century font has an octagonal bowl, the lower edge being moulded, and it rests on a plain shaft. A staple remains in the bowl, a relic of pre-Reformation days, when the lid was fastened down to prevent superstitious uses of the christening water which always remained in it.
Beneath the Chancel floor is the family vault of the Knights of Barrells. They were first laid to rest at the Church at Wootton Wawen, afterwards moved to a mausoleum on the Barrells estate. The mausoleum fell into disrepair and the bodies were taken to the vault under the Chapel. There are memorials to this family on the walls of the Chapel.
The seats date from the first half of the 18th century.
The west wall bellcote, west doorway and porch were added after the Nave was removed. The gable cross which is carved on a lozenge shaped piece of stone was retained from the demolished south porch.
The outer east wall has a foiled and pierced gable cross, and at its angles are plain diagonal buttresses.
There is a sundial on the south side of the bellcote which was put up in 1835 at a cost of £2 8s. 6d.
The chapel-yard was consecrated by the Bishop of Worcester on the 9th November 1835.
On the west side of the chapel-yard is a house converted from cottages. One of the buildings was formerly the Parson’s stable, first mentioned in accounts in 1743 and 1829, for use, probably when he rode, or drove, over from Wootton Wawen.
The bell hangs in an open cot on the west gable of the church. It dates from the latter half of the fourteenth century and is probably by a local founder (John Kingston, of Warwick?) with a cross, and inscribed: Ave Maria gracia plena.
Before the new church was erected in the village there were two bells at the Old Chapel. The other (smaller than the present one), had no inscription but was long-waisted and “a very ancient cylindrical bell”. It was given to Emmanuel Mission Church, Sparkbrook by Mr THG Newton of Barrells. (The Church Bells of Warwickshire, Tilley & Waters, 1910)
The existing bell was restored as part of the Millennium Restoration project.
(source: Henley-in-Arden by William Cooper, 1946)