I remember . . .
- Mrs Barretts Room.
Learning to read with Dick & Dora Books, Dog? & Fluff the cat.
Raffia mats for resting after lunch.
- Singing – Using Singing Together on radio with pamphlets.
- Music & Movement to radio (not P.E.) did not change even shoes.
- If ill allowed to sit by fire!
- Dentist’s visits in Dentists Caravan (parked by field next to vicarage drive). Dreaded visits – drill worked slowly by his foot – frightened for life!
- Craft lessons – Girls sewed apron etc in gingham. Boys did raffia work then baskets.
- For Coronation – all given (by Corn. Ass) New Testaments & Mugs handed by Vicar.
- In Senior room used nib pens with ink. Serious trouble if dropped on floor & nibs were crossed.
- Art Monitors mixed powder paint & filled six-welled palettes.
- Milk arrived in morning in crates in little bottles – frozen milk in winter and tops popped off. Then milk divided & tasted weird.
- Ball games against loo wall – was sevensies.
6-throw & bounce
5-throw & clap
4-throw & spin round
3-throw & double clap etc.